Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Search the Best Potato Recipes Site:
Start with our favorite roasted potatoes recipe.
Roasted Rosemary Red Skinned Idaho® Potatoes
Crispy and nicely browned on the outside, tender on the inside, roasted potatoes are always a crowd-pleaser. This side-dish is an easy addition to your holiday menu.
- Cooking spray
- 6 medium red-skinned Idaho potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds), scrubbed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Optional: 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Cut scrubbed potatoes in quarters lengthwise, then into 1 1/2-inch chunks. Place potato chunks into a gallon-sized, zip-top plastic bag.
- To the bag, add the remaining ingredients (except for Parmesan). Close bag and shake to coat potatoes with the seasonings and oil. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Pour potatoes onto the baking sheet.
- Bake potatoes for 15 minutes, then remove them from the oven and flip and stir them with a metal spatula. Return them to the oven for another 10 minutes, then repeat the flipping and stirring. Return them to the oven for a final 10 minutes of cooking and browning. Remove from oven, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired, and serve immediately.
Estimated Nutritional Analysis per Serving: Approximate nutritional analysis per serving: 272 calories, 0 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 4.5 g protein, 7 g fat, 49 g carbohydrates
Yield: Serves 6
Roasted potatoes recipe and photo courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.
Roasted Potato Wedges
Here is a roasted potatoes recipe combining the ease of oven baking with the appeal of roasted potato wedges. Just one of many variations on a roasted potato recipe!
Curry Roasted Idaho® Potato Wedges with Raita
- 8 large Idaho® potatoes (about 4 pounds), well scrubbed, cut into eighths lengthwise
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 - 4 tablespoons curry powder
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper, if desired
- Raita (Yogurt Mint Dipping Sauce)
- 2 cups plain yogurt (non-fat or regular)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and grated
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin seeds (optional)*
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Spray two large baking trays with cooking spray.
- In a large (gallon-sized) plastic baggie, pour about half olive oil and combine with half the curry powder. Add half the potato wedges to baggie, close tightly and toss to coat potatoes; repeat with remaining oil, curry powder and potatoes.
- Arrange coated potatoes skin side down on the tray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired. Bake potatoes for 1 hour or until well browned and crisp; switching trays (moving lower tray to upper position) after 30 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature with raita.
Directions for Raita (Yogurt Mint Dipping Sauce)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk yogurt until creamy; stir in grated cucumber, mint, marmalade and cumin seeds, if using.
- Taste sauce, then add any or all of the optional seasonings, as desired. Transfer sauce to a serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed. Stir before serving. (Raita can be prepared one day before serving.)
Yield: 10 Servings
Roasted Potatoes Recipe Related Links:
Back to Roasted Potato Recipes
Red Potato Recipe
All Clad Cookware Sets
Best Potato Recipes Books
What are Your Favorite
We know that everyone has a favorite potato recipe because, in most families, potatoes are served several times each week. What are your favorite potato recipes? Share them!
Best Potato Recipes Home Page
Save 50-80% off on Dining, Entertainment, Travel and Retail! Shop Now
Potato Recipes Site Map
Electric Potato Peeler
300 Best Potato Recipes: A Complete Cook's Guide:
Potatoes are just about everyone’s favorite side dish. This book includes dozens of recipes, and ways to cook potatoes, for every part of a meal from breakfast through appetizer, main course, and even dessert.
Fun With Potatoes - Mr. Potato Head
About Me and Best Potato Recipes
Amazon Associates Disclosure
- Judith Ramsey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Thank you for supporting this site so I can continue to bring you Best Potato Recipes.