Easy Potato Soup Recipe
Search the Best Potato Recipes Site:
A few simple ingredients will reward you with this easy potato soup recipe.
Easy Potato Soup
- 8 Medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Large onion, diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (canned or fresh), chopped
- 1 quart milk
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place potatoes, onions and mushrooms in a pot and cover with water. Boil until potatoes are tender. Drain water. Add milk, butter and spices. Simmer on low for an additional five minutes to blend flavors.
Easy Potato Soup Recipe with Chicken
Recipe courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission and Chris Santos, Chef-Partner, The Stanton Social, New York City
This recipe is easy because it uses potato flakes and eliminates the need to peel and cook the potatoes in advance.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small skinless and boneless, chicken breast halves, cut in cubes (about 8 ounces)
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut in 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 cups canned chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 submarine sandwich-style bun (approximately 8 inches long)
- 1 cup instant Idaho potato flakes
- 4 ounces Jarlsberg Lite Cheese, shredded
- In a large, heavy stock pot, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot; sauté onion and garlic 3 minutes or until they begin browning. Add chicken and continue to cook, stirring 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus and broth and bring to a boil. Cover pot and simmer 8 minutes. Meanwhile, slice sandwich bun crosswise into 6 slices and toast in a toaster oven or regular oven until lightly browned.
- Stir potato flakes into soup mixture and cook 2 minutes. Arrange toasts on top of soup in pot, sprinkle with cheese and replace cover, simmer another 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- To serve, remove toasts and put one in each soup bowl; ladle soup into bowls around toasts.
Yield: 6 servings
Cheesy Easy Potato Soup Recipe
- 6 medium to large white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cans chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 can of water
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 lb. velveeta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill (fresh is preferred)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place broth and water in a large cooking pot. Add cubed potatoes, celery, onion and butter. When potatoes are tender, add velveeta cheese and half & half.
More Easy Potato Recipes
Easy Potato Salad Recipes
Easy Mashed Potatoes
Easy Potato Soup Recipes
Easy Crockpot Recipes
More Potato Soup Recipes:
Best Potato Soup
Creamy Potato Soup Recipe
Cream of Potato Soup Recipe
Baked Potato Soup Recipe
Loaded Potato Soup Recipes
Cheesy Potato Soup
Cheese Potato Soup
Potato Leek Soup Recipes
Ham and Potato Soup Recipes
Back to Potato Soup Recipe
All Clad Cookware Sets
Best Potato Recipes Books
What are Your Favorite
We know that everyone has a favorite potato recipe because, in most families, potatoes are served several times each week. What are your favorite potato recipes? Share them!
Best Potato Recipes Home Page
Save 50-80% off on Dining, Entertainment, Travel and Retail! Shop Now
Potato Recipes Site Map
Electric Potato Peeler
300 Best Potato Recipes: A Complete Cook's Guide:
Potatoes are just about everyone’s favorite side dish. This book includes dozens of recipes, and ways to cook potatoes, for every part of a meal from breakfast through appetizer, main course, and even dessert.
Fun With Potatoes - Mr. Potato Head
About Me and Best Potato Recipes
Amazon Associates Disclosure
- Judith Ramsey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Thank you for supporting this site so I can continue to bring you Best Potato Recipes.