Easy Mashed Potatoes
Search the Best Potato Recipes Site:
This easy mashed potatoes recipe that you can prepare almost without thinking about it is one you will use often.
- 10 to 12 medium russet potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup half & half or milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the peeled and diced potatoes in a cooking pot that is large enough to hold the potatoes and enough water to cover them.
- Bring the water to a boil and cook them until they are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Add the butter, half and half or milk, salt and peppr.
- Mash the potato and other ingredients with a hand-held potato masher or with an electric mixer. (If you choose the electric mixer, be careful not to over-mix the potatoes.)
Easy Mashed Potatoes with Skins On
- Two pounds of potatoes of your choice - scrubbed and unpeeled - diced. (potatoes like red potatoes that have colorful skins will make this recipe most attractive).
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Fill a large cooking pot with water; add the diced "skin on" potatoes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil until tender - about 15 minutes. Test with fork for doneness.
- Drain the potatoes and place them in a bowl.
- Add the butter and mash with your favorite type of mixer.
- Add the milk and sour cream.
- Mix gently just until all ingredients are well combined.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic and basil.
Easy Spicy Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes may have a reputation as "bland." They don't need to be. We love this colorful and highly seasoned version of an easy mashed potatoes recipe that uses yellow potatoes and seasonings with a "taste of Mexico."
- 2 1/2 pounds of yellow - fleshed potatoes cubed. (scrub but do not peel).
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- Taco seasoning to taste (we use 2 tablespoons)
- 1 seven ounce can chipotle chilies in adobo (drain and mince; reserve sauce)
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from above
- Place the diced potatoes in a large cooking pot. Add water to cover potatoes.
- Heat on high until the water boils; reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking use a smaller pan to combine the milk, butter, and taco seasoning. Heat just to boiling, then set aside.
- Drain the cooked potatoes and stir in the grated cheese.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Mash with your favorite hand-help potato masher or with an electric mixer.
Makes 4 - 6 servings
Mexican Potato Recipes
Easiest Mashed Potatoes
Some readers tell us that they would never use dehydrated, or dried, potatoes. Their assumption is that these easy mashed potatoes have no nutritional value. On the contrary, dehydrated potatoes are a good source of many vitamins necessary to your diet. These include B vitamins and thiamin. These nutrients help produce normal red blood cells and synthesize insulin and hemoglobin.
When prepared they also are rich in C vitamins - one cup offers 27 percent of a woman's daily requirement of this vitamin.
You may also want to keep dehydrated potatoes on hand if:
- You are a "food survivalist."
- You love to keep ample supplies on hand for unexpected guests.
Mashed potatoes can be the basis for many other potato recipes including Shepherd Pie.
Augason Farms Dehydrated Potato Flakes
Easy Potato Recipes
Easy Potato Soup Recipe
Easy Crockpot Recipes
Easy Potato Salad Recipes
All Clad Cookware Sets
Best Potato Recipes Books
What are Your Favorite
We know that everyone has a favorite potato recipe because, in most families, potatoes are served several times each week. What are your favorite potato recipes? Share them!
Best Potato Recipes Home Page
Save 50-80% off on Dining, Entertainment, Travel and Retail! Shop Now
Potato Recipes Site Map
Electric Potato Peeler
300 Best Potato Recipes: A Complete Cook's Guide:
Potatoes are just about everyone’s favorite side dish. This book includes dozens of recipes, and ways to cook potatoes, for every part of a meal from breakfast through appetizer, main course, and even dessert.
Fun With Potatoes - Mr. Potato Head
About Me and Best Potato Recipes
Amazon Associates Disclosure
- Judith Ramsey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Thank you for supporting this site so I can continue to bring you Best Potato Recipes.