These crockpot stew recipes are chunky with diced potatoes and creamy with cheese and milk.
Photo and Recipe Courtesy The Idaho Potato Commission
2. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, place over medium high heat until hot. Add the onions, coat with cooking spray; cook 4 minutes or until translucent, stirring frequently. Add the bell peppers to the onions in the skillet, coat with cooking spray, cook 4 minutes or until onions are brown on edges, stirring frequently.
3. Pour the water into the skillet and stir until well blended and beginning to boil. Pour onion mixture evenly over the potatoes. Do not stir. Add to ingredients in the crockpot/slow cooker and cook on high setting 3 1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
4. Combine the milk and cornstarch in a small bowl; stir until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Gently stir into the potato mixture with 1 cup of the cheese, the butter, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high setting 10 minutes to thicken slightly.
5. To serve: Spoon the potato mixture into a large pasta bowl or 13-inch by 9-inch casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 3/4 cup cheese.Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes!
Place the prepared/chopped ham, potatoes, onion, sweet peas, carrots, and celery in your crockpot.
Add water until all ingredients are just covered.
Add the milk, salt and pepper.
Cook on high for about 4 hours.
You can also make this recipe in your oven by putting all ingredients into a large, covered, oven-safe pot. Cook for 2 - 2 1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender.
If you like these crockpot stew recipes you may also enjoy these other crockpot potato recipes:
Crockpot Potato Recipes
We know that everyone has a favorite potato recipe because, in most families, potatoes are served several times each week. What are your favorite potato recipes? Share them!
Fun With Potatoes - Mr. Potato Head
Amazon Associates Disclosure
- Judith Ramsey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Thank you for supporting this site so I can continue to bring you Best Potato Recipes.
Potato Peelings Newsletter
Dec 06, 17 12:27 PM
An electric potato peeler is a great time saver when preparing potato recipes that require peeled potatoes.
Nov 29, 17 11:05 AM
We love All Clad cookware sets for all of our best potato recipes and other cooking. Read reviews by other fans of All Clad stainless cookware.
Nov 28, 17 11:12 PM
Create these potato lasagna recipes as a tasty alternative to traditional lasagna. Replacing pasta with sliced potatoes makes lasagna a meal that is great for anyone with a wheat allergy.