Chappathi and Orulai kizhangu masala
by Saranya Srinivasan
(Chennai, TN, India)
1. Wheat flour - 2 cups
2. Water - 1 cup
4. Salt to taste
How to prepare:
1. Mix the ingredients together to make a soft dough
2. Take a small portion of the dough and flatten it into a round chappathi.
3. In a flat tava, with little oil, toast the chappathis.
Potato Masala (Orulai Kizhangu masala):
3. Green chillies
4. Turmeric powder
5. Salt to taste
7. Mustard seeds
10. Urud dal
How to prepare:
1. In a heated kadai, add little oil.
2. Add mustard seeds, Urud dal
3. Add finely chopped Onion, ginger, green chillies.
4. Add salt
5. When the onion turns brown, add boiled and mashed potatoes. Potatoes are to be mashed well, so that it gives a consistency to the gravy.
6. Add a pinch of turmeric powder.
7. Cook for some time and garnish with coriander leaves.
8. Tasty masala is ready. It goes well with pooris as well.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to India.
All Clad Cookware Sets
Best Potato Recipes Books
What are Your Favorite
We know that everyone has a favorite potato recipe because, in most families, potatoes are served several times each week. What are your favorite potato recipes? Share them!
Best Potato Recipes Home Page
Save 50-80% off on Dining, Entertainment, Travel and Retail! Shop Now
Potato Recipes Site Map
Electric Potato Peeler
300 Best Potato Recipes: A Complete Cook's Guide:
Potatoes are just about everyone’s favorite side dish. This book includes dozens of recipes, and ways to cook potatoes, for every part of a meal from breakfast through appetizer, main course, and even dessert.
Fun With Potatoes - Mr. Potato Head
About Me and Best Potato Recipes
Amazon Associates Disclosure
- Judith Ramsey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Thank you for supporting this site so I can continue to bring you Best Potato Recipes.