1 cup grated raw potatoes
1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
About 1/4 cup milk
Butter or oil for frying
Melted butter as needed
18 smoked salmon florets (roll thin slices around your finger and twist)
4 tablespoons crème fraîche (see note)
Freshly chopped chives to taste
1. Place grated raw potato in a clean cloth and twist to remove excess moisture.
2. Combine raw potatoes, mashed potatoes and eggs. Whisk flour, salt and baking powder. Fold into potato mixture. Add enough milk to make a batter.
3. Heat butter or oil in a heavy skillet on medium heat. Drop potato batter by heaping tablespoons into the hot pan. Brown on both sides, 3-4 minutes per side. Lightly brush each boxty with melted butter.
4. To serve, place 2 boxty potatoes on a plate. Top each with a salmon floret. Whisk crème fraiche and chives to a creamy consistency and lightly drizzle over the salmon. Repeat with remaining boxty potatoes and salmon.
Recipe note: Crème fraiche is a matured, thickened cream has a slightly tangy, nutty flavor and velvety rich texture. The thickness of crème fraîche can range from that of commercial sour cream to almost solid margarine. Shop for crème fraiche at gourmet stores, The Fresh Market and Whole Foods Market.
Yield: 9 generous servings.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Irish Potato Recipes.
All Clad Cookware Sets
Best Potato Recipes Books
What are Your Favorite
We know that everyone has a favorite potato recipe because, in most families, potatoes are served several times each week. What are your favorite potato recipes? Share them!
Best Potato Recipes Home Page
Save 50-80% off on Dining, Entertainment, Travel and Retail! Shop Now
Potato Recipes Site Map
Electric Potato Peeler
300 Best Potato Recipes: A Complete Cook's Guide:
Potatoes are just about everyone’s favorite side dish. This book includes dozens of recipes, and ways to cook potatoes, for every part of a meal from breakfast through appetizer, main course, and even dessert.
Fun With Potatoes - Mr. Potato Head
About Me and Best Potato Recipes
Amazon Associates Disclosure
- Judith Ramsey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Thank you for supporting this site so I can continue to bring you Best Potato Recipes.