Best Potato Soup Recipes
Search the Best Potato Recipes Site:
These are our best potato soup recipes for several reasons.
One is the easiest potato soup recipe you will find.
Another is a very healthy potato soup and all are some of the tastiest potato soups you will ever eat.
The Ultimate Soups & Stews Book: More than 400 Satisfying Meals in a Bowl
Idaho® Potato Broccoli Soup: photo and recipe courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.
This is a best potato soup recipe because it can be quickly prepared with pantry staples and takes just minutes from stove to tabletop.
- 4 14-ounce cans broth (chicken, vegetable, beef or a combination)
- 3 cups Idaho® potato flakes or buds
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup powdered milk (optional)
- 20-ounce package frozen, chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
- Chopped parsley, chopped scallion or chives, broccoli florets (optional garnishes)
- In a large stockpot, over medium-high heat, bring broth to boiling. Remove from heat and stir in the potato flakes, garlic powder and dried milk, if desired. Allow mixture to sit while preparing broccoli.
- Prepare frozen broccoli according to package directions.
- Stir the broccoli into the potato mixture. Heat soup over medium heat until hot. If desired, just before serving, stir in lemon juice. Garnish each bowl of soup, if desired.
Estimated Nutritional Analysis per Serving: 186 calories, 6 g fat, 12 mg cholesterol, 915 mg sodium, 7g protein, 28 g carbohydrates
Yield: 8 Servings
Hearty and Heart-Healthy Potato Soup
We think this is one of the best potato soup recipes for at least two reasons: In addition to being hearty and heart-healthy, this soup is prepared in one pot -- making cleanup a cinch.
- 2 pounds potatoes, scrubbed and cut in 1/2-inch cubes (about 5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped dried tomatoes
- 2 pint, 14 ounce can (46 ounces total) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded, cooked turkey
- 3 cups packaged, chopped, frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- freshly ground pepper
- In heavy soup pot, heat oil on high and stir in onions. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes or until well browned.
- Add potatoes, dried tomatoes and broth.
- Bring to boil and cook covered for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add turkey and vegetables, return to boil and cook 6 - 8 minutes.
- Top with freshly ground pepper.
Estimated Nutritional Analysis per Serving: 301 calories, 5 g fat, 30 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 20 g protein, 48 g carbohydrates
Yield: 8 Servings
Cream of Potato-Carrot Soup
Creamy potato soups are always some of the most requested. We choose this as another best potato soup recipe for its creaminess and flavor. Make it in your pressure cooker for added ease.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 5 large carrots, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 32-ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 cup milk (or more if desired)
- 8 ounces of sour cream
- In cooker melt butter. Add potatoes and carrots, stirring frequently on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add chicken broth and cumin.
- Close lid, bring to high pressure, then lower heat and pressure cook for 12 minutes. Release pressure according to manufacturer's directions, open lid and allow to cool slightly.
- Puree soup mixture in batches in blender or food processor with milk, bringing to a creamy consistency.
- Return pureed soup to cooker, heat until hot.
- When serving, add a dollop of sour cream to soup and stir.
Yield: 8 servings
More Best Potato Soup Recipes
Easy Potato Soup Recipe
Cheesy Potato Soup
Cheese Potato Soup
Baked Potato Soup Recipe
Loaded Potato Soup Recipes
Creamy Potato Soup Recipe
Cream of Potato Soup Recipe
Potato Leek Soup Recipes
Ham and Potato Soup Recipes
Share Your Favorite Potato Soup Recipes
Back to Potato Soup Recipes
All Clad Cookware Sets
Best Potato Recipes Books
What are Your Favorite
We know that everyone has a favorite potato recipe because, in most families, potatoes are served several times each week. What are your favorite potato recipes? Share them!
Best Potato Recipes Home Page
Save 50-80% off on Dining, Entertainment, Travel and Retail! Shop Now
Potato Recipes Site Map
Electric Potato Peeler
300 Best Potato Recipes: A Complete Cook's Guide:
Potatoes are just about everyone’s favorite side dish. This book includes dozens of recipes, and ways to cook potatoes, for every part of a meal from breakfast through appetizer, main course, and even dessert.
Fun With Potatoes - Mr. Potato Head
About Me and Best Potato Recipes
Amazon Associates Disclosure
- Judith Ramsey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Thank you for supporting this site so I can continue to bring you Best Potato Recipes.