Twice Baked Potato Recipe with Steak
Search the Best Potato Recipes Site:
A twice baked potato recipe with steak is a perfect hearty meal for those who love baked potato recipes.
Cowboy Steak and Twice Baked Potato
Recipe courtesy of Rolf Stroeh, Chef, Design Cuisine Catering, Washington, D.C. This is one of our potato recipes for large groups.
Yield: 24 Servings
- 12 Bermuda onions, sliced 3/4-inch thick
- Olive oil as needed
- 1/4 cup crushed black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons dry Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 48 (4-ounce steaks) beef loin, tenderloin steaks, side muscle off, skinned
Twice Baked Potatoes:
- 24 whole Idaho® potatoes (70 count)
- 18 whole peeled and chunked parsnips
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 16 ounces plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 cups sour cream (or crème fraîche)
- 2 cups chopped fresh chives
- 1-1/2 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 teaspoons grated nutmeg
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Brush onion slices with oil. Place onion slices on hot grid to "grill-mark," turning once, Remove; keep warm.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except steaks, in small bowl. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon seasoning mixture over each steak; reserve.
- For each serving: Panbroil 2 steaks in hot skillet over medium-high heat to desired doneness, turning once. Place steaks on hot grid to "grill-mark." turning once. Serve steaks on bed of grilled onions.
Twice Baked Potatoes
- Scrub potatoes and bake at 425°F for 50 minutes or until done.
- Cook parsnips in boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Set aside.
- Warm buttermilk and 16 ounces butter until lukewarm. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic in remaining 2 tablespoon butter. Set aside.
- When potatoes are done, split in half, lengthwise, and scoop out pulp. It is important to work quickly so ingredients will remain hot.
- Mash cooked potatoes with parsnips and add buttermilk/butter mixture, garlic, sour cream, chives, Cheddar cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture back into empty potato shells. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Put potatoes under salamander or broiler for 5 min. or until brown. Serve immediately.
Photo and recipe courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.
Baked Potato Recipes
Twice Baked Potato Recipe
Twice Baked Potato Recipe 2
Twice Baked Potato Recipe with Vegetables
Twice Baked Potato Recipe with Blue Cheese
Twice Baked Potato Recipe with Sausage
Twice Baked Potato Recipe with Grilled Lobster
Baked Potato Soup Recipe
Baked Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Potato Recipes Site Map
Electric Potato Peeler
300 Best Potato Recipes: A Complete Cook's Guide:
Potatoes are just about everyone’s favorite side dish. This book includes dozens of recipes, and ways to cook potatoes, for every part of a meal from breakfast through appetizer, main course, and even dessert.
Fun With Potatoes - Mr. Potato Head
What are Your Favorite
We know that everyone has a favorite potato recipe because, in most families, potatoes are served several times each week. What are your favorite potato recipes? Share them!
About Me and Best Potato Recipes
Best Potato Recipes Home Page
Amazon Associates Disclosure
- Judith Ramsey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Thank you for supporting this site so I can continue to bring you Best Potato Recipes.