The Simplest Tasty Potato Salad
2-3 lbs. potatoes (I prefer red potatoes with the skin or Yukon Gold.)
1 can black olives (small or medium sized), drained and thoroughly rinsed
1 bunch scallions, chopped
at least 1/4 tsp. black pepper
dash of salt (to taste)
several tablespoons real mayonnaise (no Miracle Whip!)
(Optional: few tsp. dijon mustard.)
1. Heat a large pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil. Meanwhile, cut medium/large potatoes into quarters and small potatoes in half.
2. Once the water is boiling, put potato cubes into water and cook for approx. 10-15 minutes. You should be able to stick a fork in each potato, but the potato should still be firm, or as my Grandpa used to say, a little al dente! (You don’t want to make mashed potatoes, after all!)
3. Once the potatoes are cooked, drain and cool off with cold water from the tap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
4. After the potatoes have totally cooled, cut up potato wedges into bite-sized chunks. In a large bowl, place potatoes and chopped scallions and whole olives. For starters, add 2 giant spoonfuls of mayo and gently mix. Season with a generous amount of pepper and sprinkle with salt to taste. Add mayo until it reaches the consistancy you like. Another tasty addition is a dollop or two of dijon mustard! Chill until ready to serve.
PS. Thanks so much for sharing this site with me, Judie! These recipes look GREAT! :
Best Potato Recipes
Potato Recipes Site Map
Electric Potato Peeler
Enjoy free shipping on all Entertainment Books!
300 Best Potato Recipes: A Complete Cook's Guide:
Potatoes are just about everyone’s favorite side dish. This book includes dozens of recipes, and ways to cook potatoes, for every part of a meal from breakfast through appetizer, main course, and even dessert.
Fun With Potatoes - Mr. Potato Head
What are Your Favorite
We know that everyone has a favorite potato recipe because, in most families, potatoes are served several times each week. What are your favorite potato recipes? Share them!
About Me and Best Potato Recipes
Best Potato Recipes Home Page
Amazon Associates Disclosure
- Judith Ramsey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Thank you for supporting this site so I can continue to bring you Best Potato Recipes.