Sweet Potato Risotto
by Kimberly Mayone
Sweet Potato Risotto with Fresh Sage
1 (32 oz) container chicken broth
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 large sweet potato (about 1 lb.), peeled and diced
1 1/3 cups aborio rice
1 (2/3 oz) pkg. fresh sage, stems removed and finely chopped
3/4 cup dry white wine, like sauvignon blanc
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
pinch ground black pepper
3/4 cup grated asiago cheese
2 Tbsp. butter, cut into small pieces
1. Add broth to a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low.
2. Add oil to a large pot over medium heat. When hot, add onion. Cook and stir until softened, about 2 minutes. Add sweet potato, rice and fresh sage. Stir to coat with the onion mixture, and cook until the edges of the rice begin to turn translucent, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the wine and cook, stirring frequently, until the wine is absorbed into the rice, about 2 minutes. Add 1 cup warm broth and cook, stirring frequently, until it has been absorbed into the rice, about 3 minutes. Make 2 more additions of 1 cup broth, cooking until it has been absorbed between each addition. At this point the potatoes should be tender and the rice just a bit chewy. Add all remaining broth and stir until absorbed.
4. When rice is tender, turn off heat. Season with salt and pepper. Add butter and cheese. Stir gently until incorporated into risotto. Enjoy.
Serves 4 as a main course or 8 as a side.
Vacation Rentals Worldwide
Potato Recipes Site Map
Electric Potato Peeler
300 Best Potato Recipes: A Complete Cook's Guide:
Potatoes are just about everyone’s favorite side dish. This book includes dozens of recipes, and ways to cook potatoes, for every part of a meal from breakfast through appetizer, main course, and even dessert.
Fun With Potatoes - Mr. Potato Head
About Me and Best Potato Recipes
Best Potato Recipes Home Page
Amazon Associates Disclosure
- Judith Ramsey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Thank you for supporting this site so I can continue to bring you Best Potato Recipes.