Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Search the Best Potato Recipes Site:
Start with our favorite roasted potatoes recipe.
Roasted Rosemary Red Skinned Idaho® Potatoes
Crispy and nicely browned on the outside, tender on the inside, roasted potatoes are always a crowd-pleaser. This side-dish is an easy addition to your holiday menu.
- Cooking spray
- 6 medium red-skinned Idaho potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds), scrubbed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Optional: 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Cut scrubbed potatoes in quarters lengthwise, then into 1 1/2-inch chunks. Place potato chunks into a gallon-sized, zip-top plastic bag.
- To the bag, add the remaining ingredients (except for Parmesan). Close bag and shake to coat potatoes with the seasonings and oil. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Pour potatoes onto the baking sheet.
- Bake potatoes for 15 minutes, then remove them from the oven and flip and stir them with a metal spatula. Return them to the oven for another 10 minutes, then repeat the flipping and stirring. Return them to the oven for a final 10 minutes of cooking and browning. Remove from oven, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired, and serve immediately.
Estimated Nutritional Analysis per Serving: Approximate nutritional analysis per serving: 272 calories, 0 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 4.5 g protein, 7 g fat, 49 g carbohydrates
Yield: Serves 6
Roasted potatoes recipe and photo courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.
Roasted Potato Wedges
Here is a roasted potatoes recipe combining the ease of oven baking with the appeal of roasted potato wedges. Just one of many variations on a roasted potato recipe!
Curry Roasted Idaho® Potato Wedges with Raita
- 8 large Idaho® potatoes (about 4 pounds), well scrubbed, cut into eighths lengthwise
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 - 4 tablespoons curry powder
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper, if desired
- Raita (Yogurt Mint Dipping Sauce)
- 2 cups plain yogurt (non-fat or regular)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and grated
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin seeds (optional)*
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Spray two large baking trays with cooking spray.
- In a large (gallon-sized) plastic baggie, pour about half olive oil and combine with half the curry powder. Add half the potato wedges to baggie, close tightly and toss to coat potatoes; repeat with remaining oil, curry powder and potatoes.
- Arrange coated potatoes skin side down on the tray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired. Bake potatoes for 1 hour or until well browned and crisp; switching trays (moving lower tray to upper position) after 30 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature with raita.
Directions for Raita (Yogurt Mint Dipping Sauce)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk yogurt until creamy; stir in grated cucumber, mint, marmalade and cumin seeds, if using.
- Taste sauce, then add any or all of the optional seasonings, as desired. Transfer sauce to a serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed. Stir before serving. (Raita can be prepared one day before serving.)
Yield: 10 Servings
Roasted Potatoes Recipe Related Links:
Back to Roasted Potato Recipes
Red Potato Recipe
Potato Recipes Site Map
Electric Potato Peeler
300 Best Potato Recipes: A Complete Cook's Guide:
Potatoes are just about everyone’s favorite side dish. This book includes dozens of recipes, and ways to cook potatoes, for every part of a meal from breakfast through appetizer, main course, and even dessert.
Fun With Potatoes - Mr. Potato Head
What are Your Favorite
We know that everyone has a favorite potato recipe because, in most families, potatoes are served several times each week. What are your favorite potato recipes? Share them!
About Me and Best Potato Recipes
Best Potato Recipes Home Page
Amazon Associates Disclosure
- Judith Ramsey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Thank you for supporting this site so I can continue to bring you Best Potato Recipes.