Potato Wedges Recipe
Grilled Potato Wedges are
a Great Alternative to French Fries
Grill this potato wedges recipe or make potato wedges in the oven.
It may become one of your favorite potato recipes.
Grilled potato wedges are yummy when they are slightly charred and crispy on the outside while remaining soft and creamy inside.
- Baking potatoes (Russet or Yukon Gold are two good ones)
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Wash the potatoes but do not peel them.
- Cut the potatoes, lengthwise, into wedges of the same size. (about 1/2 inch thick should be about right.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl and cover them with cold water; let them soak for about 20 minutes. This will make the potato wedges more crispy when grilled.
- While the potato wedges are soaking, prepare your grill for cooking on medium heat.
- Drain the water from the potato wedges and pat them dry on paper towels.
- Toss the potato wedges in olive oil, sprinkle with a little cumin and Kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
- Arrange the potato wedges on the grill so that they are not touching.
- Grill the potatoes for about 5 minutes, turn each wedge and continue to grill and turn the potato wedges for about 5 minutes on each side...about 20 minutes total grilling time.
- Don't allow the potatoes to become too dark.
Oven Baked Potato Wedges Recipe
Baked potato wedges can have the same crispy skin as the grilled potato wedges with the convenience of oven preparation.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 F. Scrub the potatoes well but do not peel them.
- Cut each potato into into 6 or 8 wedges and place the potato wedges in a large bowl.
- Add the vegetable oil, paprika, salt and pepper; mix well until the potato wedges are thoroughly coated.
- Spread the seasoned wedges on a non-stick baking sheet. Bake the potato wedges for about 30 minutes turning once after the first 15 minutes.
Crispy Idaho® Potato Wedges with Sriracha
Recipe courtesy of Jean-George Vongerichten, Chef, Jean-Georges Management, New York City
Idaho Potato Ingredients:
- Idaho potatoes, washed well
- Kosher Salt
- 1/2C Mayonnaise
- 2 t Lime juice
- 1 t Orange juice
- 1 T Sriracha (chile sauce)
Idaho Potato Preparation:
- Place potatoes on a sheet tray covered liberally with salt.
- Bake in a 475 degree F oven for about 90 minutes or until potatoes are completely cooked.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the freezer until cold.
- With a serrated knife, preferably electric, cut potatoes in 1/2 lengthwise. Then cut each 1/2 into 4 wedges.
- Put on a sheet tray leaving space between each potato so that they do not stick.
- Fry in a 350 degree F fryer until golden brown, dredge on paper towels and season with salt.
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl and reserve.
- Serve as a dipping sauce for the potato wedges.
Easy Potato Wedges Recipe
- Four potatoes,unpeeled, baked in the oven or the microwave
- Garlic, chopped
- Mixed dried herbs
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- While the baked potatoes while are still warm, cut into wedges about 1/2 inch thick.
- Brush a baking pan with olive oil and heat it for a few minutes in the oven at 425 degrees F. When the baking pan is warm, remove it from the oven and spread the potato wedges on it.
- Sprinkle the potato wedges with more olive oil and the garlic, black pepper, and sea salt. Return the potato wedges to the oven and bake until they are crispy and browned on the outside. Turn at least once so they bake evenly.
You Will Also Like:
Baked Potato Recipes
Twice Baked Potato Recipes
Roasted Potato Recipes
Grilled Potato Recipes
Fried Potato Recipes
Hash Brown Potato Recipes
French Fried Potatoes
Best Potato Recipes Home Page