Easy and Tasty Potato Puffs Recipes
Search the Best Potato Recipes Site:
Make potato puffs recipes your way....including yummy cheesy potato puffs.
Potato Puffs are easy to make, appealing to serve, and a wonderful way to use leftover mashed potatoes. We like them so much that we don't wait until we have leftovers; we often start by making one of our favorite mashed potato recipes
and proceed from there.
The potato puffs shown in the first photo on this page are baked in a cupcake or muffin pan. Here are the ingredients you will need:
3 cups mashed potatoes
1/3 cup sour cream, plus a bit more for topping when serving
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped chives (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
*Add other ingredients as you choose such as crumbled bacon, fresh herbs, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter or oil the wells of your muffin/cupcake pan – or use a nonstick pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk the eggs then whisk in the sour cream. Stir in both cheeses and the chives.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan filling the cups just to the top or a little below.
- Bake 25 - 35 minutes until they pull away from the sides of the cup and the tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow the Potato Puffs to cool for 5 minutes in pan. Turn them out onto a platter. Serve with sour cream or other toppings of your choice.
Cheesy Potato Puff Balls
- 2 lbs cubed peeled potatoes made into mashed potatoes using your favorite recipe.
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 1 – 2 cups crushed cornflakes
Stir cheese into warm mashed potatoes. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until well cooled. When potatoes are cool, shape the potato mixture into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball in the crushed cornflakes. Place Potato Puff balls on baking sheets and bake at 400 degrees until browned and crispy.
These Potato Puffs can be easily frozen for later use. Place the unbaked potato balls on baking sheets, cover them, and place in freezer until firm. Transfer the frozen potato balls into resealable plastic freezer bags. Potatoes can be frozen for up to 3 months. To serve, preheat oven to 400*F. Place frozen potato puffs on greased baking sheets, and bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
*Roll these Cheesy Potato Puffs in bacon bits for an easy appetizer or side dish.
Yields 4-6 servings
Mashed Potato Recipes
Best Potato Recipes
Potato Recipes Site Map
Electric Potato Peeler
Enjoy free shipping on all Entertainment Books!
300 Best Potato Recipes: A Complete Cook's Guide: Potatoes are just about everyone’s favorite side dish. This book includes dozens of recipes, and ways to cook potatoes, for every part of a meal from breakfast through appetizer, main course, and even dessert.
Fun With Potatoes - Mr. Potato Head
What are Your Favorite
We know that everyone has a favorite potato recipe because, in most families, potatoes are served several times each week. What are your favorite potato recipes? Share them!
About Me and Best Potato Recipes
Best Potato Recipes Home Page
Amazon Associates Disclosure
- Judith Ramsey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Thank you for supporting this site so I can continue to bring you Best Potato Recipes.