Potato Pancake Recipe Variations
Potato Pancake Recipes
Have you ever thought of experimenting with potato pancakes? They are a sure way of revolutionizing your cooking. All you need is a little bit of creativity and you can make various versions of this delicacy. So, put your creativity cap on and let’s see what you can pull off with potatoes! It all depends on the style of pancakes you want. Using left over mashed potatoes to make pancakes is not a strange idea if you are creative! So, the next time you have some left over mashed potatoes just store them well and use them for pancakes.
If you are the kind of a person who prefers chunky things then you still can make a chunky version of your pancakes by making some additions to the potato pancake ingredients. It is all about being creative and trying out various things. There are people who like potatoes together with onions which makes an excellent side dish. Other flavors that you can try include dried spices like parsley, oregano and dill. Garlic is also an excellent flavor to go with potato pancakes
The choice is all yours!
Creativity does not end there though when it comes to potato pancakes; you can add cheese, bacon bits or sour cream. Another delicious choice would be tuna or diced ham. The trick is to follow the standard recipe for making potato pancakes and then include any additions you may want. Take caution though not to add too much because this may dry the pancakes and make them more difficult to cook. Use your own judgment to know how much to add in the pancakes you are preparing.
It is possible to make a wonderful side dish or a completely new meal from what you put in the pancake batter. This can be a good meal for a serious breakfast or lunch. In addition these side dishes can be made easily using toppings. The most common toppings are ketchup and cheese. However, you can be creative with sour cream or chives as a topping too. For those with a sweet tooth syrup or honey make excellent toppings. Apple sauce has also been used as a topping when it comes to making pancakes. The idea is to be as creative as possible.
While you’re at it you can try sweet potato pan cakes. Yes, instead of the common Idaho potato use sweet potatoes; you will like their unique flavor. With creativity anything is possible!
Potato Pancake Recipe
4 cups mashed Potatoes (for creamy pancakes) or 4 pounds of fresh peeled potatoes (for chunky pancakes)
Dash of pepper
1 tspn salt
2 cups of dry pan cake mix
2 beaten eggs
2 to 3 tspns canola oil
1. For chunky pancakes, grate the potatoes together with the onion in a food processor.
2. Add the grated potatoes and onion to a large mixing bowl containing eggs, salt, the pancake mix, and pepper. Mix them thoroughly.
3. Add any other ingredients you may want to the batter. Pat out potato patties if the batter is thin or ladle it out if the batter is thin.
4. Add the canola oil to a griddle or frying pan and set to medium heat.
5. Add the pan cakes once the oil is hot enough. Fry the pan cakes for 4-5 minutes on each side until they brown.
The topping is your choice; suit yourself. Bon appetite!
If you are really into pancakes try this blueberry pancake recipe
Potato Recipes Site Map
Electric Potato Peeler
300 Best Potato Recipes: A Complete Cook's Guide:
Potatoes are just about everyone’s favorite side dish. This book includes dozens of recipes, and ways to cook potatoes, for every part of a meal from breakfast through appetizer, main course, and even dessert.
Fun With Potatoes - Mr. Potato Head
What are Your Favorite
We know that everyone has a favorite potato recipe because, in most families, potatoes are served several times each week. What are your favorite potato recipes? Share them!
About Me and Best Potato Recipes
Best Potato Recipes Home Page
Amazon Associates Disclosure
- Judith Ramsey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Thank you for supporting this site so I can continue to bring you Best Potato Recipes.