Easy Hasselback Potatoes recipe that you can serve in several ways. This is a baked potato recipe that takes the humble potato to a new level.
Basic Hasselback Recipe
Recipe Courtesy The Idaho Potato Commission
• 1 garlic clove, smashed
• 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• butter, as needed
• 3 Idaho® potatoes
• Saffron, as needed
• 3 garlic cloves, sliced
1. Simmer smashed garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil and a knob of butter in a small saucepan over low heat until ingredients are blended.
2. Place potatoes horizontally on a cutting board. Starting at one end, thinly slice each potato, cutting three quarters through potato. Be careful not to completely cut through the potato.
3. Drizzle garlic oil mixture over potatoes and bake about 40 minutes in a 425*F oven, until exterior is crispy and interior is soft.
4. While potatoes are baking, heat saffron, sliced garlic and remaining olive oil in a saucepan over low heat. Slowly bring oil to a light simmer and when garlic is golden, remove pan from heat to infuse until potatoes are done.
5. When potatoes are done, strain saffron oil through a fine meshed strainer. Drizzle about a tablespoon of oil over each baked potato and serve.
This traditional Swedish potato recipe is named for the restaurant in Stockholm that introduced them in the 1700s. Whole potatoes are peeled, buttered, baked, then sprinkled with bread crumbs.
Follow the basic Hasselback Potato recipe. Before baking, place slices of sausage and cheese between each cut "fan" of your potato.
A unique version of the Hasselback potato is one that uses smaller potatoes. Again, the procedure is the same.
See an easy way to slice your Hasselback Potatoes plus get more recipes for these potatoes at Hasselback Potato Recipes.
Fun With Potatoes - Mr. Potato Head
We know that everyone has a favorite potato recipe because, in most families, potatoes are served several times each week. What are your favorite potato recipes? Share them!
Amazon Associates Disclosure
- Judith Ramsey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Thank you for supporting this site so I can continue to bring you Best Potato Recipes.
Potato Peelings Newsletter
Apr 18, 17 07:22 PM
Growing potatoes in pots is one way of growing potatoes in containers. Any space in your yard or on your deck is a great spot for growing potatoes.
Apr 13, 17 07:43 PM
Learn how to grow potatoes and you will have an abundant supply of these healthy tubers to use in all your potato recipes.
Feb 08, 17 02:15 PM
Share your best potato soup recipes with readers of the Best Potato Recipes website. We have lots of ours for you and know you have some potato soups we have not yet tried.