These crockpot stew recipes are chunky with diced potatoes and creamy with cheese and milk.
Photo and Recipe Courtesy The Idaho Potato Commission
2. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, place over medium high heat until hot. Add the onions, coat with cooking spray; cook 4 minutes or until translucent, stirring frequently. Add the bell peppers to the onions in the skillet, coat with cooking spray, cook 4 minutes or until onions are brown on edges, stirring frequently.
3. Pour the water into the skillet and stir until well blended and beginning to boil. Pour onion mixture evenly over the potatoes. Do not stir. Add to ingredients in the crockpot/slow cooker and cook on high setting 3 1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
4. Combine the milk and cornstarch in a small bowl; stir until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Gently stir into the potato mixture with 1 cup of the cheese, the butter, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high setting 10 minutes to thicken slightly.
5. To serve: Spoon the potato mixture into a large pasta bowl or 13-inch by 9-inch casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 3/4 cup cheese.
Place the prepared/chopped ham, potatoes, onion, sweet peas, carrots, and celery in your crockpot.
Add water until all ingredients are just covered.
Add the milk, salt and pepper.
Cook on high for about 4 hours.
You can also make this recipe in your oven by putting all ingredients into a large, covered, oven-safe pot. Cook for 2 - 2 1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender.
If you like these crockpot stew recipes you may also enjoy these other crockpot potato recipes:
Crockpot Potato Recipes
Fun With Potatoes - Mr. Potato Head
Amazon Associates Disclosure
- Judith Ramsey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Thank you for supporting this site so I can continue to bring you Best Potato Recipes.
Potato Peelings Newsletter
Aug 23, 17 06:20 PM
This easy mashed potatoes recipe that you can prepare almost without thinking is one you will use often.
Jul 19, 17 09:55 PM
This best ever scalloped potatoes recipe takes a few additional ingredients. The tasty results will get rave reviews from everyone who loves scalloped potatoes.
Jun 27, 17 04:19 PM
Making a potato clock is a fun science experiment or family project. Some also call this a potato battery. Have fun with it.