Breakfast Potato Recipes
Enjoy a Breakfast Potato Casserole or
Other Tasty Breakfast Potato Recipe
Enjoy these breakfast potato recipes including tasty breakfast potato casseroles. These breakfast potatoes are easy to fix and are a great way to start the day. We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Add great potato recipes often.
Add variety to breakfast with a breakfast potato casserole, potato pancakes, breakfast burritos and dozens of other delicious potato recipes that are wonderful for breakfast or anytime.
Many of these recipes include several of the food groups: protein, dairy and vegetables. Get off to a fast start in the morning with a hearty potato breakfast.
These are also great recipes to take to a brunch gathering, a picnic or a church potluck.
Breakfast Potato Casserole Recipes: these can be created using fresh potatoes that are shredded or diced. If you are short on time, frozen hash brown potatoes or even dried potates can be used. Dried potatoes now come in versions that, when reconstituted, resembled shredded fresh potatoes.
Variations on basic breakfast potato recipes can include chopped onion, diced meats like ham or bacon, and most any vegetables you choose to add. Many times eggs are also added to these breakfast potato recipes.
Potato Pancake Recipes are also popular breakfast recipes. These can be made from scratch and are also a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. As with many other potato recipes, you always have the option of using frozen or dried potatoes if time is an issue....don't let a shortage of time prevent you from serving potato pancakes often!
German Potato Pancake Recipes: German potato pancakes are traditional in many homes for special occasions. They are so easy to make that they can be served to make any breakfast special.
Breakfast Potato Cups
1 pound (about 3) Idaho® potatoes, peeled, boiled, drained and mashed
½ teaspoon salt
4 or 5 pieces of bacon, fried or grilled and chopped
⅓ cup butter, softened
¼ cup milk
2 eggs (to mix into potatoes)
4 eggs, preferably organic
salt and pepper, to taste
*Special equipment: four 4″ ramekins
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Butter the ramekins and set aside. While the potatoes are still warm, add the salt, softened butter, milk and 2 eggs and mix until well combined.
- Press some of the potato mixture into the bottom of each ramekin, then sprinkle with one quarter of the chopped bacon and top with more potatoes.
- With a fork, make a well in the center of the potatoes, without touching the bacon, pushing the potatoes to the side of the ramekin.
- If baking immediately, crack an egg into the well, sprinkle with salt and pepper and spray with a little olive oil. If making ahead of time to bake later, cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours, and skip the next step; bring to room temperature before baking.
- Place the ramekins on a baking tray and put in the center of the oven for approximately 18 minutes or until the egg whites are cooked, but the yolks are still a little runny. Eggs will continue to cook once they have been removed from the oven.
- Let stand for a few minutes before serving.
*Tip: *Be sure to add salt to the water when boiling the potatoes.
*Photo and recipe courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission
Do You Need Breafast Potato Recipes
for a Large Group?
Recipe courtesy of Deb Kahn, Dietary Director, Eveleth Health Services Park Nursing Home, MN
Yield: 35 servings
Ingredients for Filling:
- 2 pounds 6 ounces browned ground sausage
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 pounds shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 3 pound bag of frozen shredded hash browns
- 21 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 quarts milk
Ingredients for Crust:
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups lard
- 1 1/2 cups ice water
- Blend crust ingredients together and knead until smooth. Divide dough in half. Roll out first half large enough to fit 10X15 pan.
- Place rolled dough in greased pan, press up the sides of the pan. Place a layer of shredded frozen hash browns on top of crust.
- Mix the ground sausage and onion and place on top of hash browns. Place a layer of cheese over meat/onion mixture. Beat eggs, milk and dry mustard together and pour over top of layers.
- Roll remaining crust and place on top. Seal and tuck edges into pan. Make 6-8 slits with knife in top crust. Bake at 375° F for 30 minutes. Brush top with butter, rotate pan and continue baking another 30 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean or an internal temperature reaches 165°. Cut into 2X2 squares. Serve hot.
Best Potato Recipes Home Page
Do You Enjoy Potato Recipes
If you have a great breakfast potato recipe, we would love to have you share it with our readers.
Recipes Other Visitors
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Hash Brown Potato Crusted Quiche Not rated yet
Country Quiche with Idaho® Potato Hash Brown Crust
Recipe courtesy the Idaho Potato Commission and Lou Aron, Chef, Westside Catering, Boise, ID
Potato Cream Not rated yet
2 to 3 regular sizes carrots cut in chunks
1 celery root small size (yellow) optional
1 cup water
3 tea spoon potato milk …
Click here to write your own.