The best potato salad ever recipe is the one you will go to every time you want to impress with your potato salad recipe. You will find a much simpler potato salad recipe further down the page.
• Herbed Vinaigrette
• 12 ounces olive oil
• 4 ounces white vinegar
• 3 ounces balsamic vinegar
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 4 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
• 12 leaves fresh basil, chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
• 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• Grilled Vegetables
• 2 fresh eggplant, skinned and sliced to 1/3 inch thickness
• 2 squash, sliced to 1/4 inch thickness
• 4 red peppers, sliced to 1 inch strips
• 4 green peppers, sliced to 1 inch strips
• 4 yellow peppers, sliced to 1 inch strips
• 2 red onions, sliced to 1/2 inch thickness
• 6 medium Portabella mushrooms, stems removed and cleaned (remove stems & clean)
• 1 pound Feta cheese, crumbled
• 2 cups Greek olives
• 6 pounds Idaho® potatoes
• 2 medium fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
1. To prepare herbed vinaigrette, mix all ingredients and whisk well. Set aside.
2. Marinate eggplant, squash, peppers, onion and mushrooms in 1/2 the prepared vinaigrette for 2 hours.
3. Wash and steam potatoes. Let cool. When potatoes are cooled, cut into 1/8 inch thick slices.
4. Toss potatoes in vinaigrette. Refrigerate.
5. Drain vegetables (save vinaigrette) and grill until tender, let cool. Cut grilled mushrooms into strips.
6. In large glass bowl, place 3/4 of the sliced potatoes, 1/4 of the grilled vegetables, 1/4 of the cheese and 1/4 of the black olives. Repeat process 3 more times to create a layering effect.
7. Pour reserved vinaigrette over salad and garnish with sprigs of fresh oregano, feta cheese and diced tomatoes.
*This best potato salad recipe and photo are Courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission
Basic ingredients for a potato salad are just four food items: potatoes, fat (olive oil, mayo, eggs, or bacon), an acid (like vinegar), and flavoring or spices that will make the potato salad unique. Here is a simple recipe with those four items
2 ServingsPotato Salad Recipes: Mouth Watering, Tried And Tested Potato Salad Recipes And Little Known Potato Salad Recipe Tips.
More Potato Salad Recipes:
From Best Potato Salad Ever to Best Potato Recipes Home Page
Fun With Potatoes - Mr. Potato Head
Amazon Associates Disclosure
- Judith Ramsey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Thank you for supporting this site so I can continue to bring you Best Potato Recipes.
Potato Peelings Newsletter
Aug 23, 17 06:20 PM
This easy mashed potatoes recipe that you can prepare almost without thinking is one you will use often.
Jul 19, 17 09:55 PM
This best ever scalloped potatoes recipe takes a few additional ingredients. The tasty results will get rave reviews from everyone who loves scalloped potatoes.
Jun 27, 17 04:19 PM
Making a potato clock is a fun science experiment or family project. Some also call this a potato battery. Have fun with it.