It may be warm where you live however, here in Minnesota, it’s cold and snowy. We just had our biggest snowfall of the year and I’m in the mood for a tummy-warming casserole. I’m trying to decide which to make for dinner tomorrow.
These three casseroles include our favorite sweet potato casserole.
Bacon and Potato Breakfast Casserole
• 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes (unthawed)
• 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
• 1/3 cup onion, chopped
• 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
• 1 8 ounce can whole kernel corn
• 1 cup milk
• 5 eggs, beaten
• 1/2 tsp salt
• Dash of ground red pepper
• 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Spread hash brown potatoes in a large, un-greased baking dish. Top potatoes with the onion, bell pepper, bacon, corn and cheese.
Combine remaining ingredients (except paprika) and pour over other ingredients. Sprinkle with paprika.
Bake breakfast casserole for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Cheesy Potato Bake
• 4 pounds russet potatoes
• 1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheese - use your favorite cheese or a blend
• 1 (8 ounce) bottle Ranch dressing
• 2 teaspoons chili powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 6 tablespoons butter
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1/4 inch cubes
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
3. Place the potatoes in the baking dish. Season with chili powder, salt, and pepper.
4. Evenly distribute the butter over the potatoes.
5. Cover dish with aluminum foil, and bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, until potatoes are tender.
6. Remove from oven, and mix in the cheese and Ranch dressing.
Continue cooking 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Sweet Potato Casserole With Crunchy Pecan Topping
• 2 pounds sweet potatoes
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 large eggs
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
• 4 tablespoons melted butter
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 4 tablespoons melted butter
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Scrub sweet potatoes and boil in their skins until tender. As soon as they are cool enough to handle, slip off peels and mash. Stir in sugar and salt. Mix together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and 4 tablespoons melted butter. Stir into the mashed sweet potato mixture until well blended. Spoon mixture into a buttered 2-quart baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients; sprinkle over the sweet potato mixture. Bake at 350° for 35 to 45 minutes.
Serves 6 to 8
There is no better time to try a new potato recipe.
This is a great time to check out our website for every kind of potato and sweet potato recipe you could imagine:
Mashed Potato Recipes
Sweet Potato Recipes
You may not know that we have another website: Visit Minnesota.com.
Go beyond “traditional” with some of these Minnesota recipes that include meat dishes other than turkey, wild rice dishes, hot dish recipes, and yummy dessert recipes made with rhubarb, lingonberries and blueberries.
"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, 'thank you,' that would suffice." ~Meister Eckhart
Join Best Potato Recipes on Facebook!“Pray for peace and grace and spiritual food, For wisdom and guidance, for all these are good, but don't forget the potatoes.” ~John Tyler Pettee, 'Prayer and Potatoes'
Read about me and why I created the Best Potato Recipes website.
Our Best Potato Recipes website, and our other websites, are both our passion and our "work from home" business. We compared many site building programs and found what we needed with Site Build It
Check out our other websites:
Action Wheel Leadership Resources
Best Potato Recipes Home Page
Thank you for subscribing to "Potato Peelings." Feel free to forward this newsletter and check back often; we continue to add new recipes as do our readers.