Potato Lasagna Recipes
Potato lasagna recipes only require a simple shift in thinking about ingredients. Instead of using pasta for this popular dish, you substitute sliced potatoes.
The first recipe would be a stand-out entrée for a special dinner. Some of our other potato lasagna recipes are more basic and one includes sweet potatoes.
Potato Lasagna With Wild Mushroom with Herb Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Joachim Splichal, Chef & Co-Founder, The Patina Group, Los Angeles, CA
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 large Idaho Potatoes, sliced into 3" X 1-1/2" rectangles (16 slices)
- 8 ounces butter, divided
- 3 ounces shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 3 ounces oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 3 ounces white mushrooms, chopped
- 3 ounces chanterelles, chopped (optional)
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 6 ounces nage (celery broth)
- 1/2 bunch parsley, minced
- 1 ounce diced Roma tomatoes
To assemble each serving: Place one potato slice at the bottom of a deep soup plate. Alternately layer the mushroom mixture and three additional potato slices, finishing with a potato slice. Drizzle each portion with sauce and garnish with Roma tomatoes.
- Place potato slices in a single layer on a sheet pan with 2 ounces butter and bake at 350ºF until soft.
- Saute mushrooms in 2 ounces butter, then add the shallot.
- In a saucepan, reduce the nage by one quarter and transfer to a blender. Add the remaining 4 ounces of butter, blend to emulsify. Stir in chopped parsley and keep warm.
Be sure to try our other Potato Lasagna Recipes.
Join Best Potato Recipes on Facebook!
Ultimate Potato Book:
Hundreds of Ways to Turn America's Favorite Side Dish into a Meal
Other potato recipes you might like:
Potato Casserole Recipes
Roasted Potato Recipes
Cheesy Potatoes Recipes
“Pray for peace and grace and spiritual food, For wisdom and guidance, for all these are good, but don't forget the potatoes.” ~John Tyler Pettee, 'Prayer and Potatoes'
Read about me and why I created the Best Potato Recipes website.
Our Best Potato Recipes website, and our other websites, are both our passion and our "work from home" business. We compared many site building programs and found what we needed with Site Build It
Check out our other websites:
Action Wheel Leadership Resources
For Your Kitchen:
Electric Potato Peeler
Ways to Cook Potatoes
Best Potato Recipes Home Page
Thank you for subscribing to "Potato Peelings." Feel free to forward this newsletter and check back often; we continue to add new recipes as do our readers.