Lemon Potato Fans
Lemon Potato Fans are dramatic in presentation.
This tempting potato recipe is the perfect side dish for an elegant buffet.
And, they can be made in your microwave oven!
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 large Potatoes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind
- Scrub potatoes and pat dry. Combine cheese, parsley, paprika and salt in a small bowl; set aside. Cut each potato crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices, cutting to, but not through, bottom of potato. Allow potatoes to stand in ice water 10 minutes.
- Combine butter or margarine, lemon juice and lemon rind in a 1-cup microwave-safe glass measure; microwave, uncovered, at HIGH 30 to 40 seconds, or until margarine is melted.
- Drain potatoes and pat dry. Arrange potatoes, cut side up, in 12x8x2-inch microwave-safe baking dish. Brush tops and sides of potatoes with butter or margarine mixture.
- Cover and microwave at HIGH 12 to 14 minutes, or until tender; rearranging potatoes every 6 minutes and brushing with remaining butter or margarine mixture. Sprinkle potatoes with cheese mixture. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
Join Best Potato Recipes on Facebook!
Ultimate Potato Book:
Hundreds of Ways to Turn America's Favorite Side Dish into a Meal
Other potato recipes you might like:
Potato Casserole Recipes
Roasted Potato Recipes
Cheesy Potatoes Recipes
“Pray for peace and grace and spiritual food, For wisdom and guidance, for all these are good, but don't forget the potatoes.” ~John Tyler Pettee, 'Prayer and Potatoes'
Read about me and why I created the Best Potato Recipes website.
Our Best Potato Recipes website, and our other websites, are both our passion and our "work from home" business. We compared many site building programs and found what we needed with Site Build It
Check out our other websites:
Action Wheel Leadership Resources
For Your Kitchen:
Electric Potato Peeler
Ways to Cook Potatoes
Best Potato Recipes Home Page
Thank you for subscribing to "Potato Peelings." Feel free to forward this newsletter and check back often; we continue to add new recipes as do our readers.