Grilled Potato Wedges
It’s the time of year for picnics and backyard grilling. Be sure to add grilled potatoes to your outdoor meals. They are easy to make and add the perfect complement to your steaks, burgers or other meals on the grill.
Grilled Crispy Idaho® Potato Wedges
Photo Courtesy the Idaho Potato Commission
This recipe is courtesy of Waldy Malouf, Chef/Co-Owner, Beacon Restaurant, Bar & Bakery, New York City. Here is what she says about it:
"The potatoes in this dish are like a grilled spicy steak fry. The mustard caramelizes as the olive oil flavors the Idaho potato, which takes on the flavors and gets crisp and dry while remaining fluffy and light inside. It's wonderful!"
- Waldy Malouf
- 2 large Idaho® potatoes (12 to 14 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- coarse salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Yield: 4 servings
- Bake or microwave the potatoes until almost cooked. Cut the partially cooked potatoes length-wise into 4 wedges each (total of eight).
- In a bowl mix together the mustard, olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper. Coat the wedges with the mustard mix.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat and lightly oil the grill surface.
- Add the potatoes and cover the grill. Check every 5 minutes, turning the wedges to brown on all sides. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until crispy.
We have many more Grilled Potato Recipes that are great for outdoor grilling in the backyard or over a campfire.
Ultimate Potato Book:
Hundreds of Ways to Turn America's Favorite Side Dish into a Meal
Growing Your Own Potatoes:
Gurney's Seed and Nursery is our favorite place to get our seed potatoes and everything else we want for our vegetable and flower gardens.“Pray for peace and grace and spiritual food, For wisdom and guidance, for all these are good, but don't forget the potatoes.” ~John Tyler Pettee, 'Prayer and Potatoes'
Read about me and why I created the Best Potato Recipes website.
Our Best Potato Recipes website, and our other websites, are both our passion and our "work from home" business. We compared many site building programs and found what we needed with Site Build It
Check out our other websites:
Romantic Getaway in Minnesota
Best Advice From Mom
Action Wheel Leadership Resources
For Your Kitchen:
Electric Potato Peeler
Ways to Cook Potatoes
Best Potato Recipes Home Page
Thank you for subscribing to "Potato Peelings." Feel free to forward this newsletter and check back often; we continue to add new recipes as do our readers.